Educating Outside The Lines has created an interactive, comprehensive Virtual disAbility Awareness Program for grades K-5 to add to this year’s curriculum. We provide support for teachers by filling content hours, providing Social Emotional Learning curriculum, and engaging students in hands-on learning around ability and disability.
Our goal with virtual programming is to increase our capacity to reach more students throughout the school year in every community and to create understanding and bonds across distances.
The virtual Educating Outside The Lines Disability Awareness Program features:
- Teacher-approved virtual curriculum to bolster remote learning
- Creative content to keep students engaged with live, interactive programming
- Carefully developed Social Emotional Learning content to celebrate disability awareness with students, teachers, and families
- Live speakers from around the globe sharing experiences and interacting live with students
- Primer materials provided to parents and teachers in advance to facilitate remote learning
- Extended lesson plans provided for teachers to continue to add SEL content throughout the school year
The program includes specific disability focus for each grade, live presentations, speakers and facilitated instruction in all areas of differing abilities.
For more information about this new –
Virtual Programming for the 2020-2021 school year and a full outline of each grades activities –